Lyrics for The Freaking 125 List Of Reasons I Love Lionel Messi by Sports Genius Football :
Here’s my list:
1. FS – One of the best footballers ever
2. FIP – Verrrrry selfless and considerate
3. FR – His name…
4. FS – His playing style is not what we call consistent, but he can pull things out of mid-air as easily as walking.
5. OS – His dribbling and running style makes it look so easy!
6. OS – Watching him dribble, assist, score and whatever makes me feel at ease, like nothing can go wrong. It’s paradise.
7. FR – Numerical relations
8. F/O – A lot of people hate him, which just gives me one more reason to love him.
9. FS – “He sees passes nobody else sees”
10. OP – He is one of the best examples of selflessness
11. OP – He’s probably a really good friend to talk to, judging by what I’ve seen
12. OS – Even though he doesn’t always get the BEST honours, he is always able to get something special.
13. FS – Leo is faster with the ball than without it!
14. FS – He usually just walks around the field, but when he’s needed, he goes all Usain Bolt…
15. FS – He can shock you to death, in both alive and dead ball situations. Forget the “death”…whatever. He can shock you to life in alive ball, and shock you to death in dead ball. Happy?
16. F – This one is a bit strange, but still – he, like most rising stars, had quite a few different shirt numbers, but I don’t find it confusing. Instead, I kind of enjoy seeing him in a bunch of different numbers in the past.
17. OP/S/R – Anything about him, I can easily put in my parodies. I don’t know why this is easier than most things, but it’s wonderful!
18. O – Supporting him feels so right. Just THINKING of him makes me feel so amazing š
19. F/OP – He’s not perfect. Everyone loses games, misses the net, and fails assists/passes at times. But knowing that he isn’t perfect just gives me another reason to like him…
20. FIP – No matter what, he always, ALWAYS accepts bad situations instead of complaining about it all day.
21. FIP – When he loses, he doesn’t get emotional – in a good way or in a bad way. But seeing him empty like that just makes me feel worse than seeing him throw a fit. But knowing that he can control his emotions(and probably for his fans’, teammates’, friends’ and family’s sakes too)moves me, and with that, I know I have to control mine too, or else his selfless acts will have been wasted on a foolish me.
22. FPR – Is very introverted. It’s good to be able to relate, you know, not being much of a socialite myself. It’s hard trying to fit in with all the extraverts around me, and knowing that my idol is not one of them really helps.
23. FPR – I’m proud that he doesn’t take a lot of selfies, UNlike some people I know…
24. FP/S – Thinks logically, which a lot of people I know DON’T do
25. FPR – Isn’t exactly the world’s best at dealing with pressure, which just gives me one more reason do defend him.
26. F/OR – A lot of people criticize him, and when they do, I rarely ever agree…
27. FP – Somehow, he’s really honest but really humble at the same time. You’d have thought someone like Leo couldn’t do that, being who he is…
28. FSR – Nobody realizes exactly how many strategies he puts into play (relates back to “He sees passes that nobody else sees”) until the replays, and even then there are most likely even more strategies than we can see.
29. FIR – “Late is better than never” – Lana del Rey is right!
30. FR – We’re exactly 15 years apart
31. FR – We had the same year as (probably) the Best Year Ever.
32. OR – He prefers to be called informally as his nickname, Leo
33. FPR – Actually gives credit to other people, unlike someone I know personally…
34. OS – His celebration run is awwwwwwwwwwesome!
35. F/O – There is no good reason to hate him, so his haters look very estaŗpido indeed!
36. F/OS – All that record breaking is amazing…
37. FIR – I used to distrust him, so now I trust him even more than I would’ve if I never doubted him.
38. FIS – He’s good at math, but actually APPLIES it to real life
39. FIP – When I see the word “Criticism”, I picture an angry rant. However, when Leo criticizes people, he does it logically and fairly – without going on a rant.
40. FS – He’s a savior!
41. FS – Gets fouled a lot. I only like it when he isn’t hurt, obviously. I mean, this just reminds me of how awesome he is because others are so desperate in stopping him that they have to foul!
42. FIR – I don’t personally know ANYONE who’s a fan of Leo. That only reminds me of how much Wanda and I have to stick together there and how much I have to remain loyal to Leo because I’m alone when I’m not online.
43. FR – 7 is supposed to be the magic number of the amazing human brain, but 10 is the magic number of mine. Everything is by 10s here, not 7s.
44. FI – He is not short in my opinion, but is considered short as the average height for professional football players is about ten centimeters taller than him. I canNOT relate to being considered short, but I can understand and respect the feels.
45. F/O – I don’t care what those Ronaldo fangirls say. He’s good-looking enough for me.
46. FIS – He is living proof that taller people don’t always run faster than short people, that tallness isn’t as much of an advantage as people think it is.
47. FR – Neither of us hates who we’re “supposed” to hate. He’s supposed to hate Ronaldo and Real Madrid and, in the World Cup, Brazil. I’m supposed to hate anyone who insults me, according to my very sensitive friends. I guess both Messi and I feel that hating for those reasons doesn’t seem right; in fact, it seems kind of selfish to hate someone just because they insulted you. I prefer hating because someone hurt the ones I am loyal to, not because someone hurt ME.
48. F/O – Probably a really organized person, despite…you know.
49. F – When I first learned what his birthday was, I didn’t know anyone who was born that day.
50. F – I don’t personally know anyone who’s born in the YEAR 1987, either.
51. FP – Very loyal to his home nation. He simply refused to go with Spain’s national football team even though he had been living there since he was 13. This guy has a great sense of where home is!
52. OS – I find this kind of funny and stupid at the same time: People always underestimate him when he turns out to put on a magic show, and people always overestimate him when he doesn’t put on a magic show. It’s like he’s so unpredictable, nobody can ever estimate him right.
53. FP – Donates a LOT to charity š
54. FIP – “I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awardsor scoring more goals than anyone else.I’m more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world.When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy.”
55. OP – To Divergent fans: I think Leo’s Divergent aptitude is Abnegation, Candor and Erudite, but he can also be Dauntless and Amity when he needs to be.
56. F/OS/P – Has high IQ AND EQ
57. FP – A lot of people assume that he’s just 100% polite gentleman, but he actually has a secret, really competitive side.
58. FPR – The kind of competitive he is, though, isn’t the “I want this award and you’re NOT going to beat me!” kind. It’s more of “I’m going to try and win this for the team, and you’re NOT going to beat us!”
59. O – When it comes to him, perfection has a whole new definition!
60. OIPR – Whenever I feel like throwing a fit because there’s nobody that I can trust, I think of Leo and how he hides his feelings so that nobody worries about him, and I take that as an example to how I should act to benefit others. You have NO IDEA how much this has helped YOU, reader!!!.
61. FIS – 90 goals a year, Leo Messi – wait, no, ninety-ONE!
62. FISR- I know that some people hate him because he broke records of the players they love, and that teaches me how to empathize those heartbroken people.
63. O – I actually LIKE it when he fouls…
64. FP/S – I love it when he’s sooo confident after scoring a goal!
65. FI – No matter how old he is, Leo will always be able to say, “I’m ten” and it wouldn’t be a lie, either. Luckyyyyyy!
66. OI – I can picture him as a kid perfectly. Don’t know how, but I can! It’s like magic!
67. FP – His personality matches his number. 10 is friendly and there for you when you need it but really competitive when you need it to be.
68. FS/P – I can’t use any of my usual “famous person summaries” to describe him. “GOAT footballer” just isn’t enough description.
69. FR – He’s really smart, but even if people can see that, they can’t call him a nerd. Unlike me.
70. F – This isn’t in “Numeral Relations”, but it is still about numbers. It isn’t a relation, though. I can use the 10/10 joke when people ask me to rate him, or I could do 10/7…
71. F – When somebody asks me why I like Leo so much, I wouldn’t need to memorize this list to give 100 reasons on the spot.
72. F – I don’t know why, but information on him is extremely easy to remember compared to most other things in life – the number stats and the freaking 125 reasons I love him, for instance.
73. I – I’ve never loved a famous person the way my classmate loves Beyonca, and I don’t think I was ever meant to, either. But Leo Messi can change destiny just like that.
74. F – Hahaha, another number reason: I can use 10 as a good math excuse. “I’m sorry about not memorizing my 7 times tables, 10 just seems like a much nicer list to memorize! And besides, 10 is Messi.”
75. FIP – He isn’t selfless ALL the time. Imagine the disaster if he were. Imagine the disaster if anyone were.
76. O – The haters are so desperate for a reason to hate him they end up (go back to number 22) with really stupid, nonsensical logic. I like laughing at it.
77. O – I feel like a complete idiot when I think of him, which is a nice change.
78. FIP – Really passionate about his passions, sticks to one thing for a lifetime instead of ten minutes like I do.
79. FI – When I see the average YouTuber’s comment on his old goal vids, the ones that say “I wish I could see that Messi play again”, I just roll my eyes and classify them as “stupid”. Because they seriously don’t see how awesome he still is; how selfless he is in every single game, and much more. “Much more” meaning all the stuff on this list.
80. FS – He works really well with whoever he’s put in the same team with, even when he usually has to play that guy in another competition.
81. FIP – I actually only believed this to be the truth not long ago – He still acts like himself even when he knows there are a billion cameras stalking him all the time on the field.
82. F – Haters never struggle to find reasons to hate, but this is the furthest I’ve seen them come to it. This is also laughable.
83. FI – Inspired me to decide to learn a fourth language – Spanish. Apparently, it’s the second most spoken language in the world next to Mandarin Chinese, which I already speak. I’m only going to start Spanish in high school, in the 2016-17 school-year, because I want to perfect my French in the time before I start Spanish.
84. F – Doesn’t get injured often, so I don’t have to have a heart attack every game.
85. F – I usually don’t nose around people’s love lives, but Leo’s is like a fairy tale. Wandawaisu has explained it in this thread. I find the fact interesting and I hope/wish my (love) life will be like that!
86. FIS – Not only does he break records, he usually breaks them by FAR
87. F – Just like how uniQue has a Q in it and Q is a really unique letter, Messi has a mess in it and mess is one of the most underestimated/underrated words I can think of.
88. FIP – Doesn’t really fuss over how he looks or anything else that shouldn’t be fussed over like chick magnets and such.
89. OPR – Seems to usually let whatever happens happen, but can be VERY stubborn when doing what he knows is right.
90. O – I’ve learned more from following Leo than any other person. This is very important because I’ve grown tired of not learning anything at school.
91. FP – He’s Roman Catholic and proud of it.
92. F – Some of his relevant numbers don’t relate to my history/xp but connect to his other relevant numbers, or even numbers connected to people relevant to him…
93. FIS ONECHOICE
94. R – I can empathize him better than a lot of people I talk to face-to-face. If I can translate his actions into all of these analyses, then I know he’s meant to be my favourite footballer of all time. I don’t get anybody else’s emotions this well, this easily. As I’d probably already stated, it’s like his facts and personality are designed for my brain to work with.
95. F – Has an interesting, distinctly different and difficult history. Because of that hormone deficiency problem he had at a very young age, he had always been more mature than the average person his age, and I seriously respect that.
96. F/OIPR – Isn’t too tactless or too tactful.
97. FIP – Not “robot-minded”, thinks outside the box
98. FS/P – Quality over Quantity for sure, but what if there’s a mind-blowing display of both???
99. FIP – I got 99 problems but you won’t be one Leo follows this statement when he get a bit too upset about anything. It shows quite clearly in the way he plays and acts away from football.
100. FS – 19 matches scoring consecutively, not 2O. This relates back to number 12
101. FP – Does NOT hog the ball the way selfish people like me do. Even when he seems to be taking possession for a long time, he’s only staying in possession because it’s the part of his team’s plan. That means he’s doing that for the TEAM (again) and not for his own benefits.
102. FIP – Shows love to fans!!!
103. FR – He’s like a break from the 21st century and social problems when it all becomes too much for me. It’s never been easier to go to paradise inside your head.
104. FP – I can’t believe I forgot to include this earlier, but his honesty is really shocking.
105. FP – Really smart about social media and knowing what he has to do and…well, you know.
106. FSR – Doesn’t pre-plan every single detail in play before he gets the ball. His plan comes instantly, like by instinct, when it’s his turn to cast those magical spells.
107. FP – He is so honest and true and NOT shallow that I would never believe he really tried to evade on tax. It’s true that his assistants got mixed up with something there, you know.
108. F – Has only received 1 red card in his entire 10-year career!
109. O – He decides on his own opinions very carefully, based on logic and what he has seen first-hand. So his opinions usually turn out to be not only logical, but seemingly logic itself.
110. FP – Is a good sportsman to the end. I mean, he agreed to take a picture with Mario Gotze after Argentina was defeated by Germany!
111. FP – Can become really great friends with people despite, like, anything. Examples include Neymar and Ronaldinho because of the Argentina-Brazil football rivalry.
112. FP – REALLLLLLLLY loyal to his club. This is awesome because 1) I wouldn’t really like to favourite a player who transfers all the time; 2) Loyalty is one of my greatest values of all time; 3) I just can’t really imagine him playing in another club; and 4) I’d hate to be forced to see that something I can’t even imagine has become reality.
113. F – The way Messi can distract me is like how Harry Potter can distract me…
114. F – This is also one of the reasons I love Harry Potter: Both HP and Messi are so unpredictable, with so many twists, that it’s the opposite of reading Candy Apple books. š
115. FPI – Inspired me to be honest to myself and those who I trust and who trust me.
116. FS – Has mastered the art of sign language, unlike SOMEBODY
117. F – He makes me laugh with a LOT of things he does, some of which that are listed above. That is one of the most important requirements ever for me to love a famous person.
118. FI – Thanks to Leo, I can now admit all my feelings without being ashamed or anything. Credits to you, man.
119. OS – The average IQ of college graduates is 119, but I’m pretty sure Leo has more than that. Even though he didn’t graduate from Harvard.
120. O – Really hard to keep track of: If I miss one match of his, I would most likely miss some awesome dribbling, a Man Of The Match award, amazing goals, stunning assists, and on and on and on. The fact that he’s hard to keep track of is great because that way, my life won’t stay nearly as repetitive as it is when I’m doing math at school! It would be exciting š
121. OP –
122. OS – Can really raise the moods and self-esteems of fans. The haters? Not so much š
123. OS/P – Evidently, he isn’t plainly a scoring machine. Leo is amazing in many ways apart from what he does on the pitch, as you can see from this entire list. The point of this reason is that he has this very complete awesomeness that can’t be described as words. The best I’ll ever get is: Leo Messi is more than a goalscoring machine.
124. FI – Does what is right, but also does what doesn’t accord to the rules but IS ACTUALLY RIGHT when it is needed.
125. O – He just seems so perfect in terms of being my favourite famous person of all time (#125reasonswhy). And guess what? This is so perfect that I’m annoyed! And I’m happy because I’m annoyed because being annoyed just points to how perfect destiny had made my life!